Almost all of us have at least one aspect of our smile that we would like to improve. It is quite normal if you are also one of them because everybody wishes to have a confident smile. It does not only help you gain confidence, but it also helps you in improving your relationships and career. There are many of us who have visited various cosmetic clinics to get our problems solved.
Dental Bonding and Dental Veneers are two of the most effective solutions for your problem. They could help you get rid of broken, pale or crooked teeth and enhance the beauty of your smile. Both these are helpful in getting rid of teeth discoloration, gaps, chips and other similar issues. At Beautiful Smiles Family Dentistry you can get the best porcelain veneers and dental bonding. Book an appointment here to get help from the best dentist in Pompano Beach, FL.
What is Dental Bonding?
It is a type of cosmetic dentistry procedure which helps in treating various teeth-related defects such as chips, gaps, and discoloration. In this procedure, a composite material which is of the same color as your tooth is applied to it. It is then sculpted, shaped and polished as it gets bonded to the tooth. A special kind of light is also used in this procedure to apply the composite material on the tooth. It is preferred by most of the people because unlike other silver fillings, it appears identical to normal teeth.
What are Veneers?
Dental Veneers are custom-made restorations that are made up of porcelain material. A veneer is shaped like a cap or shell that gets attached to the front of the teeth. They are customized according to particular tooth-color and are of such color that matches your normal tooth. They are used to treat several aesthetic dental problems such as gaps, chipped or broken teeth, discolored or stained teeth and crooked teeth.
Which one is better for you?
Although both Dental bonding and porcelain veneers correct several cosmetic and dental issues in a similar manner, there are certain factors that distinguish the two. Some of the differences that help people in choosing one of them are:
- Tooth Preparation: No prior tooth preparation is required for using dental bonding. Whereas, in order to allow the porcelain veneers to get bonded on the tooth easily, dentists take out a small amount of enamel from the tooth.
- Materials used: Dental bonding uses a composite material which is of the same color as that of your tooth. Veneers, on the other hand, use durable ceramic substances that are strong and helpful in resisting stains. The materials used in veneers are more helpful than dental bonding and therefore are preferred by many.
- Durability and Longevity: If taken proper care of, porcelain veneers can be used for a longer time than dental bonding. Since the veneers are customized according to your needs, it does not even lead to any kind of discomfort to the person using it. All you need to do is to follow a healthy oral routine and visit the dentist for regular cleanings.
- Efficiency: Although both dental bonding and dental veneers address and treat similar aesthetic and dental issues, veneers are often considered a better option. They are also more efficient as they are highly durable and can be relied upon for stain-less, bright and white smile.
Dental veneers are more preferred by many also because of the fact that you might need only two visits to your dentist and you are ready to use the veneers. However, you might also consider using dental bonding if you are comfortable with the following:
- You want less expensive treatment.
- You can quit eating or drinking food items and beverages that are teeth-staining.
- You are ready to compromise with longevity and durability.
- You are willing to take proper care of your oral health.
If you are ready to do all this, then you might also consider opting for a dental bonding for your teeth. However, what is best suited for you according to your teeth-type and situation can be well-determined only by your dentist. If you would ask anyone for dental bonding near you or for dental veneers in Pompano Beach, FN, they would suggest you to visit Beautiful Smiles Family Dentistry. The professional and expert team of dentists provides a wide range of dentistry services and they will help you in deciding which one is more suitable for you.